Selling Art Terms & Conditions
By accepting these terms and conditions you agree to the following:
Artworks are over £1,500 by one of the following eligible artists.
- David Shrigley
- Harland Miller
- Jose Parla
- Shepard Fairey
- To sell the artwork exclusively through Hang-Up Pictures for a period of 60 days.
- That full disclosure has been given regarding the condition of the artwork. The gallery will assume the artwork is in perfect condition with no, dinks, corner damage, waves, handling marks, creases, tape marks or similar issues unless otherwise stated.
- If work is sent to the gallery to fulfil an order whereby the condition is not as described then you, the seller may be responsible for payment of any restoration work that is required from our external conservation team.
- If the artwork is framed please ensure that it can be removed from the frame and that there is not known damage on the reverse or hiding underneath the mount or on the corners. The use of non-archival framing materials and non-archival mounts can stain the print and by agreeing to these terms, you agree that to the best of your knowledge the print is in the condition described.
- The artwork is authentic to the best of your knowledge and full paperwork where applicable is in order.
- You are the owner, have good title to, or have been given the right to sell the consigned artwork.
- In the unlikely event that the artwork is returned Hang-Up within the 7 days return period Hang-Up have no legal obligation to purchase the artwork and it may be returned.
- Should a sold item be returned to Hang-Up due to the questioning of proper title and/or doubtful authenticity and this be proven to be correct you agree to reimburse Hang-Up Pictures for the amount you were previously paid for the sale of that item. This stipulation of reimbursement is without time limit.
- Once your artwork has sold, you are required to forward it to the gallery at 81 Stoke Newington Road, London N16 8AD. Please ensure it is packed suitably. It must be with us within 5 working days from the time you have been notified of the sale.
- Hang-Up is responsible for any packing and shipping costs to the final buyer, but you, the seller are responsible for shipping the artwork to us within 5 working days and any costs associated with this.
- 8% for sales over £10,000
- 10% for sales between £5,000 and £10,000
- 20% for sales under £5,000
- The gallery negotiates the final price and takes payment for the artwork from the buyer by credit card, BACS transfer, cash or PayPal and holds the payment for a period of 7 days.
- Fill out the invoice form and return to the gallery via email.
- Payments are then transferred to you, the seller 7 days after the buyer has confirmed acceptancewith a BACS payment transfer.
- The buyer has a seven day cooling off period. In the extremely unlikely event that the buyer decides to return the artwork within the 7 day period then Hang-Up Pictures has no legal obligation to buy the artwork from the consignee, and it may be returned.
- For any further information on our selling service please email or contact the gallery and we will be happy to answer any queries you may have.